What We Offer:
* 12-16 off-season indoor practices at Kent St. Field House and Aster Sports Academy.
* 25-35 game season
* 3-4 tournaments – including Nations State Tournament
* 2 custom uniform tops, 2 pairs of pants, 1 fitted hat, 1 pair of socks, 1 belt
* Practice/Fan apparel
Player registration fee for 2017 is $500 (except for brand new Stow travel players who will have an additional equipment fee of $100 – this covers batting helmet and baseball bag). When players/families sign the “SYB Commit to Play” form, a deposit of $250 is due – the remaining schedule of payments are: $150 by February 1, and $100 by April 1.
SYB offers competitive Travel baseball at a great price. The training, coaching and practice for the teams are comparable to most any successful travel team at a fraction of the cost. Many travel teams are over $1,000 up front plus fundraising and other hidden costs. The community based team plays generally within an hour of Stow but will (depending on many factors) travel further to tournaments that are suitable for the team's capabilities and availability. Further travel requiring overnight stays need to be communicated by the Manager.
* Team families are expected to participate in the SYB Night at the Races by selling/purchasing a minimum of 2-8 people tables and providing a team raffle basket valued at $150. SYB will cover an additional team tournament up to $425 with the purchase of 8 additional tickets and raffle basket. This event is held the first Friday of June.
* We encourage each team to solicit for team sponsors to display on their banner. Sponsorships help alleviate the burden of fundraising. SYB is a not for profit organization so all sponsorships may be tax deductible.